4 things that I am excited about right now:
- I finally got an iphone 4, which makes me feel very sophisticated and important. I imagine that when people see me on it, they think that I am talking to important clients, or arranging meetings. The sad reality is that I'm probably ordering General Tso's Chicken from Yank Sing for pick-up, but they don't know that do they? Though it is helping me to reach my goals of being a more proficient and amazing individual. There are all kinds of note taking, and scheduling apps to keep up with my life. But there's also a game where you get to fling birds at pigs so as you can imagine that's exactly what I've been doing.
- I finally booked my flight to Cleveland for this November. I didn't think I'd end up actually doing it, but I am so excited about it. I imagine that I'll spend my time there eating at less than hygienic twenty four hour diners, seeing the first installment of the new Harry Potter movie, and laughing so much that I'll lose my voice, or start doing that really annoying squealing thing that I am prone to do. I know this next part is going to sound very juvenile for a twenty four year old but I have never gone anywhere without my family and that thought is exhilarating, the freedom. I cannot stop thinking about it.
- My news writing class is so great, I really love it. I'll admit that before I actually started to get into my journalism classes I wondered if it was for me. Most of my fears have subsided now, mostly because I'm enjoying it so much. I feel like I'm learning so much, not just about the craft itself but about the world around me. So far I've interviewed a nurse, a student who has started her own charity, a child psychologist, and a firefighter. I know that makes me sound like I'm writing essays for a middle school career fair, but still. I am really enjoying learning about things that I previously had no aptitude or interest in whatsoever.
- The last thing I'm excited about is really just everything else that hasn't already been mentioned. Do you get that feeling when even though you have no reason to believe that things are about to be amazing you just know they are? I've been feeling like that for a while now. Usually I'm a terrible Debbie Downer, but right now I just feel so optimistic. I feel so hopeful, and sure of everything. I just know that things are going to be amazing, without much effort on my part. Things will fall into place. I'm sure of it.
- Little Lies by Dave Barnes
- These shirts from American Eagle which fit in perfectly with my closet full of plain colored t shirts. These make me feel a little less like a giant cotton covered wall of fat.
- This iphone case I found on Etsy, which I would order because it looks amazing, but it is totally impractical to put a four hundred dollar phone in a cotton sleeve.
- Einstein's Brother's Honey Whole Wheat Bagels, which I eat nearly every Tuesday and Thursday morning during my break between classes.