Friday, January 25, 2008

Fuck Food Seriously

Sometimes I cook, you may be surprised to learn. You know easy things like pastas and roasted chickens and such. Sometimes I bake cookies, and cakes and such. It's fun. It's invigorating, I even once made a turtle cheesecake. It was delicious. So today when my father was all "I really want to try to make a chocolate souffle" I was all "Hey! I'll do it, I can totally do it!" So I looked up this recipe from the Food Network's website. This didn't look hard. Sure it said you had to be an 'intermediate' cook to fulfill the task but hey I'm twenty one years old! I can make more than a paltry ramen noodle cup! I can totally do this! Well let me just tell you; I can totally NOT do this. It is so unfunny how much I can't do this that you can't even begin to relate. So fuck you FoodNetwork for labeling your recipes "intermediate" when they should be labeled "DON'T FUCKING TRY THIS IF YOU ACTUALLY WANT THAT SHIT TO BE EDIBLE" Because trust me, it was NOT edible. So yes food network fuck you. Fuck you Rachel Ray, and Emeril Lagasse, Fuck you too Paula Deen. But not you Giada Delaurentous (or however you spell her god damned name) there is a special place in my heart for you Giada.

Also, I would have updated Daily Photos tonight, but my batteries for my camera are buck. I was going to detail a sordid sexual scandal (ALLITERATION!) on the secret lives of chocolate flavored Teddy Grams but it just wasn't in the cards I guess.

Also, has anyone noticed how my blog has had like nine food mentions in the past week? This must mean I'm getting fat again. God damn it.

No comments: