Saturday, November 19, 2005

Post Rita: I'm still living in the dark ages.

Remember that whole hurricane Rita thing? You know the one, gigantic storm that completely ruined my life for an entire calendar month? Yeah, that's the one I'm talking about. Well, since that time and now everything has become basically normal again, except for one minor detail. I have been living approximately two months without any ice in my house. May I remind you that, I have had the internet back for these same two months? As well as cable, running water, and bowel functions. Not that I wasn't having those or anything, I just really felt like saying it. Anyhow, I have been drinking luke warm beverages for the past sixty days. Not because people who go through hurricanes, can no longer make ice or anything because of the odd weather conditions and the air pressures or anything. It's just because our ice machine has yet to start working since then. And what does my family do? Do we call a refrigerator repairman? No, of course not. Do we try to fix it ourselves? Of course not. We just wait it out. So until then I will be drinking room temperature drinks for the rest of my days.

No comments: