Friday, June 15, 2007

Imagine all the people gouging out their ear canals.

I'm not sure if you know or not but some record label has decided to make a tribute cd to John Lennon. Other artists will sing his songs and all proceeds will go to some charity that I'm sure I've never heard of. I would post a link but I can't remember the name of it to look it up, and let's be honest none of you are going to buy it anyway.

But anyhow, when creating this cd I imagine that they created a committee that would decide the artists and the songs that they would cover which would create the best John Lennon tribute album in the history of all time. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that hard, seeing as how I'm pretty sure this might be the only John Lennon Tribute album ever recorded anyway. However someone on the committee decided that the song "Imagine" should be covered, which let's be honest is the only John Lennon song that pretty much anyone knows anyway (unless it's from the Beatles which doesn't count because no one can ever remember who wrote which songs in that band anyways, I'm a McCartney fan so I attribute them all to him.) So Imagine is a good choice, it's a great choice, and it would be a great song to cover if they picked the right artist. But they did not pick the right artist. As far as I'm concerned M.C. Hammer would have made a better choice than the person they chose to cover a beautiful song about world peace. Conversation in the boardroom ensued:

Committee Chairman: "So you guys, who should cover "Imagine"? It should be someone with a strong voice, and a strong sense of what the song means so that he or she can really sell the meaning. We would never want to pick someone that would make a mockery of such a beautiful song. Any suggestions?

Committee Member: "How about Avril Lavigne?, I hear she doesn't like my girlfriend."

Committee Chairman: "That's fucking perfect!"


Conversation ends.

So yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen, they let Avril Lavinge cover one of the most beautiful songs ever written. If you would like to hear the holocaust to the ears that is Mrs. Lavigne's rendition feel free to click below. Although never say I didn't give you proper warning.


Avril Lavigne- Imagine

Editors Note: I actually almost, sort of, kinda like Avril Lavinge, but I also love "Imagine" much more and I won't albeit the mistreating of it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...WHAT?

What?



No, really. What???